Newport Beach | Beverly Hills | San Diego

What if I have a child support order and the other parent lives in a different state or country?

If you and the other parent live in different states, you may use the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) to enforce your child support order. The UIFSA requires states to cooperate with each other to establish, enforce or modify child support orders.

\When parents or guardians have a case with a child support order, and they live in different states or countries, the child support order can be registered in the county where one of the parents or guardians lives. Once the order is registered, a parent or guardian can request that the order be enforced and/or modified in that county’s courts.

Read Full Article Here

Hiring The Right
Lawyers Makes The Difference